The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on August 8, 2007.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the July 18, 2007, Board meeting.
* Reviewed and approved the financial report.
* Heard committee reports:
Building - did a walk-through of the building
Park Board - discussed Sculpture Invitational. Park Board was pleased.
- discussion of skateboard area - student was working on Eagle Project.
Boosters - discussed possibility of Monte Carlo night
- discussed expenses for Boosters Buckeye Bash
* Approved the tuition rate for the 2007-08 school year at $2,768.42
* Approved the kindergarten route for the 2007-08 school year.
* Hired substitutes for the 2007-08 school year:
Teachers: Dick Sherrick, Susan Ware, Krystal Loy
Cafeteria: Jody Marx, Carolyn King
Sub. Aide: Holly Russell
Sub. Bus Driver & OBI trainer: Alice Schmerge, Ken Lemmon
* Approved a resolution of commendation for Priscilla Wilt as event coordinator for the Botkins Sculpture Invitational.
Commended Margie Haehn, Harold Poppe, Dan Knepper, Keith Puschel, Shirley Elsass for their hard work and effort.
* Approved a resolution of commendation for the entire staff, students, and parents of the Botkins Local School district for earning
a 30/30 Excellent rating on the Local Report Card.
* Approved an overnight trip for the cross country team on September 14 for the Eaton Invitational.
* Hired Kathy Roggenkamp as a mentor for the 07-08 school year @ $300.
* Approved the following donations for the art fund:
$100 - Greg and Priscilla Wilt
$ 50 - Lawrence Hardy & Assoc.
$150 - ICC
* Held an executive session to discuss personnel.
* Reviewed the School Facilities proposal and decided to bypass the fast track for OSFC building project.
We will continue to review numbers for the project.