The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on August 14, 2008.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the July 9, 2008 regular meeting.
* Approved the financial report.
* Approved the investment report.
* Heard committee reports:
Building is ready for the opening of school.
Roof is repaired - an additional section will be completed this fall.
Parking lot is finished.
Playground is dug out per Health Department.
Installing Smartboards/VDL-large screen TV is up - purchased
with Permanent Improvement monies.
* Approved the kindergarten route for the 2008-09 school year.
* Adopted a resolution of commendation for earning an excellent rating on the 2007-08
* Approved overnight trip to FFA Convention Oct. 21 - Oct. 25.
* Approved overnight cross country trip to Eaton Sept. 13 & 14.
* Approval of the Master Agreement effective August 15, 2008 - August 14, 2011.
* Hired the following personnel:
9th grade basketball coach - Randy Kuch
8th grade boys basketball coach - Eric Hulsmeyer
JV girls' basketball coach - Don Mack
8th Gr. girls basketball coach- Denise Jones
7th Gr. girls basketball coach - Tiffany Newman
JH Cheerleading Advisor - Holly Russell
Asst. Varsity Soccer - Miguel Rodriguez
Varsity Girls Soccer - Michael Foor
Recycling Coordinator - Tina Paul
JH Volleyball - 8th Tiffany Newman
JH Volleyball - 7th Missy Meyer
* Accepted donations:
Kathy & Mark Roggenkamp Education Scholarship $300
Brown Industrial CRA - $1,229.00
* Established tuition rate for 08-09 year at $4107.14 (established by ODE).
* Accepted resignations of:
Heather Buehler as janitor.
Tammie Welsh as full-time bus driver.
* Hired Tina Flora as full-time bus driver.
* Hired these substitute personnel:
Teachers: Richard Sherrick, Gerald Kauffman, Tiffany Newman,
Missy Meyer, Whitney Rogers.
Bus Drivers: Cheryl Erb and Tammie Welsh
Aide: Holly Russell
Botkins Sculpture Invitational was a success. The Board expressed thanks
to everyone who helped.
Chad Berning was selected as the 2008 Shelby Co. Farm Bureau
Learned Tom Glass will be patrolling Huber St. in the morning for
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School