The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on August 12, 2009.
* Heard a presentation from Shelly Rohr, Energy Consultant from Dickman Supply concerning the energy savings programs offered by DP&L.
* Heard concerns from Brett Meyer concerning issuing of credits for P.E. for sport participation.
* Heard and approved the treasurer's report for June & July.
* Reviewed the investment report.
Approved the following:
* Kindergarten route for the 09-10 school year.
* A resolution of commendation to the district for earning an excellent rating on the local report card earning a 30/30.
* Hired the following substitute teachers for the 09-10 school year - Carolyn Jensvold, Tammy Gross, Lindsey Cooper, Kristie Hawkins.
* Hired Lavelle Smith as Drivers' Training manager and instructor.
* Held an executive session to discuss negotiations.
* Authorized for Jody to set the tuition rate as set by the ODE for the 2009-10 school rate.
* Approved the overnight trip to Eaton for cross country team for September 18 & 19 and extended the FFA judging trip an extra night.
* Adopted the policies and procedures for the Ohio Operation Standards for Children with Disabilities as prepared by ODE.
* Received $40 donation from Big Brothers/Big Sisters in memory of Jacob Freisthler and $160 from Brad Reed for the Don Gerstner Memorial Scholarship.
* Approved the rental of two of our classrooms from the ESC for the handicapped units at a cost of $4500 per classroom.
* Hired the following personnel per salary schedule:
Jane Fullenkamp A.D.
Kristin Ruppert H.S. Cheerleader Advisor
Holly Russell J.H. Cheerleader Advisor
Susan Ware 1/2 Gifted Coordinator
Kathy Roggenkamp Trainer for intervention coordinator
Jane Fullenkamp School nurse
* Approved a 3-year note to purchase a bus -- amount of $70,000 -- rate to be determined (3.51%)
* Approved the following -- Currently we have a full-time Title I position. Consideration was given to reduce the position to 6/8 time versus full-time. However, since the District has received ARRA-Title I funds which is a new source funds and since this position is clearly consistent with the use of the ARRA-Title I federal program, we will maintain the Title I position as full-time.
As of December 31, 2008, the Intervention Coordinator retired. She was rehired on an as-needed basis. It was the intention to not replace this position; however, since the District has received ARRA-IDEA I funds which is a new source funds and since this position is clearly consistent with the use of the ARRA-IDEA federal program, we will replace the full-time Intervention Coordinator position.
Connie Schneider, Supt.