The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on September 8, 2010.
Took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the August 11, 2010, Board of Education regular meeting, and the
August 16, 2010, special meeting of the Botkins Village Council and the School Baord.
* Approved the financial report
* Reviewed the Investment Report
* Reviewed and approved the Payroll, Expenses, REceipts, and GF Balances for FY 07,08,09,10, and 11 and case balance report.
* Approved the Then and Now purchase order for Urbana University for dual enrollment. All monies have been reimbursed.
* Committee Reports:
Buildings & Maintenance - learned we will be meeting with the OSFC on September 27. Newest equity list -- 75% state and
Foundation - Louise Sheets -- I will be meeting with the Community Foundation concerning the transfer of Louise Sheets Scholarship.
Louise Sheets - we applied for 3 grants.
* Approved Appropriations for FY2011
* Approved the hiring of the following:
Substitute teachers: Patricia Kramer, Denise Sheipline, Whitney Rogers, Karla Hamrick, Abby Bushman
Jeanie Bergman - substitute cafeteria aide
Bekah Oglesby - 7th grade girls' basketball
Cheryl Fark - Administrative Principal Assistant
Ryan Gutman and Andy Rammel to split the NHS contract
Harold Poppe - media specialist
Fred Schmerge - varsity track coach
* Approved the FFA to attend the National Convention from Oct. 20 - Oct. 22
* Aproved the overnight trip for the FCCLA to attend the Fall Leadership Meeting in Marengo, Ohio, Oct. 11 and 12.
* Approved a donation to the FFA from Tri-County Vet Services for $413 from the Pfizer Animal Health
* Accepted the resignation of Larry Dietz due to retirement effective December 31, 2010.
* Agreed to submit a waiver for conducting a BMI as required by state.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School