The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on August 17, 2011.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the July 15, 2011, regular Board of Education meeting.
* Approved the treasurer's report
* Heard Committee reports;
Buildings and Maintenance -- building is ready for Open House on August 19
Finance & Audit -- auditors are back to finish audit.
Park Board -- soccer scoreboard needs to be repaired
Louise Sheets -- grants are due in Sept. 8
OSFC -- committee met Monday -- committee chairmen have been set. Next meeting will be Monday @ 7:00 pm.
Land acquisition is 18.5 acres.
* Approved the kindergarten route for the 2011-12 school year.
* Adopted a resolution to commend the district for earning an Excellent rating on the 2010-11 Local Report Card.
* Hired substitute teachers for the 2011-12 school year: Brooke Luthman, Michael VanBrocklin, Mark Daily, Harold Poppe,
Jacquelyn Russell, Dianne Winner
* Hired Maria Westgerdes as a part-time tutor.
* Hired the following:
Jason Liette Boys' varsity basketball
Phil Groves Boys' JV basketball
Brooke Luthman JH cheerleading coach
Stephanie Rickert Assistant girls' soccer coach
Ian McKinnon Assistant boys' soccer coach
Phil Groves Varsity baseball coach
Dennis McPheron Varsity baseball assistant coach
Derek Skinner JH volleyball coach, grades 7 & 8
Paula Owen Musical co-director
Melissa Grunden Musical co-director
Olivia Schneider Musical assistant director
* Hired Dorothy Gehrlich and Connie Greve as 1/2 time regular route drivers and Dorothy Gehrlich as JVS driver for the 2011-12 school year per salary schedule.
* Hired substitute bus drivers for the 2011-12 school year: Chad Berning, Tom Emerson, Don Mack, Gerald Lenhart, David Uetrecht, Dan Knoop, Scott Nanik, Ken Lemmon,
and Sharon Peters as trainer.
* Hired substitute cafeteria workers for the 2011-12 school year per salary schedule: Jody Marx and Jeanie Bergman
* Hired Lavelle smith as the Drivers' Training Manager and Instructor per salary schedule.
* Set the 2011-12 school year tuition rate at $3992.47
* Approved the a la carte prices for the cafeteria for the 2011-12 school year.
* Approved the cross country team's overnight trip to Eaton on September 16 and 17 and the FFA trip to the National Convention Oct. 19 - Oct. 22.
* Entered a rental agreement with the Shelby Co. ESC @ $4500 per room for the 2011-12 school year.
* Accepted a $100 donation from Care-A-Lot Preschool for the use of the JH gym for preschool graduation.
* Entered executive session to discuss the purpose of purchasing land and employment of personnel.
* Accepted the conditional approval as granted by the OSFC Commission for the Classroom Facilities project in accordance with the provisions of Section 3318.05 ORC.
* Approved board policies as presented concerning prescription medicine, administration vacation, and school calendar.
* Adopted the admission prices for the 2011-12 school year as presented and set season passes at $70 for adults and $35 for students.
* Approved a service agreement with the Shelby Co. ESC to provide MD Instructional Assistant services contingent upon Shelby Co. ESC Board approval -- said MD aide will be employed after ESC board approval.
* Gave the Board an update on RttT.
* Discussed the Board's stand on social media for professionals.
* School Board meeting for September has been moved to Monday, Sept. 12 at 7:00 P.M.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School