The BOE met on August 9th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of the July 11, 2017 Board of Education regular meeting and July 21, 2017 special Board of Education meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Approved the kindergarten routes as presented for the 2017-18 school year and authorizes the Superintendent to make changes as needed.
- Hired the following substitute teachers for the 2017-18 school year:
Amber Turnmire, Kim Cordonnier, Karen Schmerge, Alyssia Cavallini
- Hired the following positions:
Deb Zimpfer - Substitute Aide
Emily Gill - Part-time Cafeteria
Sybil Koenig - Grade 3 Test Prep (tutoring)
Heather Thaman - Grade 3 Test Prep (tutoring)
Chad Berning - 5th Quarter Grant
Becky Walters - After school tutor-3 days a week
Kayla Sherman - After school tutor
Katie Greve - After school tutor-2 days a week
Kendra Berryman - After school tutor (after soccer season)
Debbie Faulder - After school tutor
Jodi Alig - After school tutor
Jenny Luebke - In-school tutor
Luanne Powell - In-school tutor
Becky Walters - In-school tutor
Lavelle Smith - Driver Training Manager/Driver's Ed Instructor
Tina Flora - Driver's Ed Instructor
Rob Berryman - RoBotkins
Annette Hensley - Substitute Bus Driver
Jill Steinke - Substitute cafeteria worker
Chris Abke - Volunteer Coordinator
Cindy Cox - Substitute Secretary/Cafeteria
Brad Bergman - JV Boys Basketball Coach
Brad Schmerge - Varsity Assistant Boys Basketball Coach
Jason Jones - Varsity Baseball Assistant Coach
Samantha Riffell - Varsity Softball Assistant Coach
Allen Egbert - Track and Field Assistant Coach (Pole Vault)
Kaitlyn Underwood - Track and Field Assistant Coach (Shot Put/Discus)
Tina Paul - JH Boys and Girls Track and Field Coach
Margie Haehn - Musical Assistant Director
Stacy Braun - Senior Class Advisor (changing from freshman class advisor)
Jena Holtkamp - Freshman Class Advisor
Christine Johnson - 8th Grade Girls Basketball Coach
- Approved the following Midwest Regional Educational Service Center service agreements:
Sandra Ocasio - ESL Teacher
Heather Buehler - Educational Aide
Rhea DeMotte - Educational Aide
Bobbie Young - Gifted Intervention Specialist
- Approved the following volunteers:
- Approved Elizabeth Hageman as a student observer in Sybil Koenig's 3rd grade classroom and Jessica Hoying as a student observer and student teacher in Sara Brown's 6th grade classroom.
- Set the 2017-18 tuition rate for Botkins Local School as determined by ODE.
- Approved the FFA to attend the National Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana October 25th - 28th, 2017.
- Moved to adopt the admission prices for the 2017-18 school year as presented and moves to set season passes at $85 for adults and $45 for students.
- Authorized the athletic trainer, after consulting with MD, to grant clearance to athletes to return to participation following a concussion.
- Approved the purchase of Academia Buzzer System.
- Entered executive session to consider the employment of a public employee.
- Left executive session.