The Botkins Board of Education met on August 8th, 2018 for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of the July 17, 2018, Board of Education regular meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Approved the kindergarten routes as presented for the 2018-19 school year and authorized the Superintendent to make changes as needed.
- Approved the following Midwest Regional Educational Service Center Agreements for the 2018-19 school year:
Sandra Ocasio - ESL Teacher
Heather Buehler - Educational Aide
Erin Maier - Educational Aide
Bobbie Young - Gifted Intervention Specialist
- Approved the Midwest Regional Educational Service Agreement charging $6.50 per student in the District.
- Approved the following volunteers for the 2018-19 school year: Roslyn Stutsman, Deb Zimpfer, Judy Thaman, Cindy Cox, Cathy Bajwa
- Set the 2018-19 tuition rate at $5454.06 for Botkins Local School as determined by ODE.
- Adopted the admission prices for the 2018-19 school year as presented and moved to set the student passes at $45 and adult passes at $85.
- Authorized the athletic trainer, after consulting with MD, to grant clearance to athletes to return to participation following a concussion.
- Approved the athletic handbook as presented.
- Accpeted a $45 donation from Kristina Roggenkamp Hunter for the Mark and Kathy Roggenkamp Education Scholarship.
- Accepted the resignation of Ann Gerstner as Driver's Ed Instructor effective July 31, 2018.
- Accepted the resignation of Doris Frilling from her cafeteria position effective July 30, 2018.
- Entered into an agreement with the Shelby County Sheriff's Office for School Resource Officer services for the 2018-19 school year at a cost between $40,983.51 and $50,827.72.
- Hired Michelle Duncan as a cafeteria worker and custodian for the 2018-19 school year.
- Hired the following substitutes for the 2018-19 school year:
Deb Hoy - Custodial
James Reames - Custodial
Cindy Cox - Cafeteria
- Adopted the following resolution of commendation as presented:
Emma Ewry and Sarah VanBrocklin earned a 1st place in their presentation in Focus on Children and received a Gold with 91 points at Nationals in June.
- Approved the 5th Quarter Grant Supplemental to Chad Berning.