The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on December 12, 2007.
The Board took the following actions:
* Hearing and recognition of the public:
Bryan Trego presented a plaque of appreciation from the BFT to Don Gerstner for 8 years of service.
The Board of Education also recognized Don Gerstner for 8 years of dedicated service to the Board.
Mrs. Scully and 5 students prepared a presentation for the Board. They showcased the smartboard.
* Approved minutes of the November 2007 Board meeting.
* Reviewed the financial report.
* Reviewed the 5-year forecast - it is accurate - We are expending more than we are taking in.
* Revised the certificate of estimated resources.
* Heard committee reports:
Buildings - OSFC will be meeting with Fanning & Howey concerning
our building project.
* Accepted $1200 from the Boosters to make repairs on the baseball diamond.
* Accepted $26,606.28 as an anonymous donation to establish the Dave Mielke Scholarship Fund.
* Set the January Board meeting, the Reorganizational meeting and the regular Board meeting for January 9, 2008, at 6:45 PM and 7:00 PM respectively.
* Approved the Bullying and aggressive behavior policy based on input from parents, staff, board, volunteers, community members, and administrators.
* Accepted the resignation of Craig Bowsher due to retirement effective May 28, 2008.
* Entered executive session to discuss personnel.
* Heard updates on the following:
# Reviewed possible calendars for the 2008-09 school year.
# Reviewed total consumable costs for the 2007-08 school year.
Average cost per student is over $100.
# Learned that 94% of our 3rd graders passed the Reading Achievement
# Staff Christmas Party is December 19 from 2:45 - 5:00.
# 9 members of the staff participated in Tuition Reimbursement at a
cost of $7061.
# Beth Armstrong is requesting additional unpaid leave for the birth of
# We received $2419.25 from the Chamber Grants - 4 teachers.
# Reviewed the Virtual Learning Academy proposal.
Botkins Local School