The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on December 14, 2011.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the November 9, 2011, regular meeting and the November 20, 2011, Special Board meeting.
* Approved the Treasurer's report.
* Established fund 004 LFI Fund and 010 Classroom Facilities Funds (State (fund 010-9STT) and Local Share (fund 010-9LOC))
for the building program.
* Transferred $4,389 from the general fund to the 004 (LFI Fund) to make up the difference between the bond anticipation notes and the total amount required to be posted in the construction funds.
* Approved the salary change for the Wapak bus route for Tony Rogers retroactive to November 1, 2011. The salary increase is for $536 due to the length of the route.
* Heard Committee reports:
Buildings and Maintenance - 2 major expenses this week -- bleachers and fire alarm
* Accepted the resignation of Ann Loy due to retirement effective December 31, 2011.
* Hired Maria Westerdes (as a replacement for Ann Loy) on a limited probationary contract for the remainder of the 2011-12 school year.
* Hired Ashley Adams as a student janitor at minimum wage.
* Hired Chad Steinke as a sub bus driver.
* Hired Keith Puschel as supplemental media contract.
* Adopted the resolution to stop collecting 1/2 mill classroom facilities maintenance levy for tax year 2011.
* Set the reorganizational meeting and the regular Board meeting for Wednesday, January 11, 2012, at 6:45 PM and 7:00 PM respectively.
* Entered executive session to discuss the purchase of property.
* Left executive session.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School