The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on February 14, 2007.
The Board of Education took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the January 10, 2007.
* Approved the minutes of the January reorganizational meeting.
* Approved the treasurer's report, the investment report and cash balance.
* Amended the Certificate of Estimated Resources, make supplemental appropriations and modify appropriations as presented.
* Heard committee reports:
Buildings & Maintenance - we are looking at some issues with heating controls.
Park Board - village will be hiring park maintenance personnel. Village employees may help out.
Soccer club members were present to discuss updates on the field.
Boosters - had white-out night and it was successful.
Are working on Night at the Races March 31, 2007.
* Approved book fees for the 2007-08 school year with no increases.
* Hired coaches as presented:
Erin Zimpfer - Jr. High track
Jason Liette - JV baseball
Alan Egbert - Pole vault coach
* Hired Chad Berning & Ron Marchal as substitute bus drivers.
* Hired James Buehler and Lori Bornhorst as substitute teachers at a rate of $80 per day for the remainder of the 2006-07 school year.
* Hired Anthony Parsons and Howard Dewyer as substitute janitors for the remainder of the 2006-07 school year at the salary schedule.
* Approved the following overnight trips:
5th grade to COSI - Toledo Mar. 22, 23
6th grade to Henry Ford - May 10, 11
8th grade trip to Washington D.C. - Oct. 16 - 21
* Moved the March Board meeting to Thursday, March 8, 2007, at 7:00 PM due to a conflict.
* Approved the FFA state convention May 1 & 2 and
FCCLA state convention April 19 & 20
Heard updates on the following:
* A request for unpaid leave for pregnancy for Janine Schmitmeyer.
* Heard an overview of summer projects to be completed-
1. Painting of rooms 34, 35, 25, 31, 18, sophomore hall
2. Concrete work on the east side and northwest corner
3. Bleacher work
4. Refinishing the gym floor
* Reviewed 2006 tax rates
* Reviewed HB 671 - Treasurer's Contract
* Heard a discussion on adding JV girls soccer fall 2007.