The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on February 13, 2008.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the Reorganizational Meeting of Jan. 9, 2008.
* Approved the minutes of the January 9 regular meeting.
* Heard that the auditors have completed the audit and will be scheduling a post audit meeting.
* Approved the financial reports.
* Reviewed financial status of the district. Due to flat line funding of ODE and cutbacks, we reveiwedtotal operating funds.
1981 was the last time we have had operating funds - over 26 years.
We have dropped off 7 mills bond retirement.
Carryover balance in June - $750,000
June 09 - will drop below $400,000
Carryover less than 60%
* Heard committee reports:
Building - repairs to the boiler
parking lot has a problem with the freeze and thaw
Park Board - is selecting new members
Scholarship Committee has been established
Louise Sheets - 2nd round of funds
Boosters - Successful Night at the Races
* Hire the following personnel:
Brett Meyer - JV Softball
Jason Liette - JV baseball
Allison Mack - swimming
Tracy Cooper - JH track
Jessica Lunz - substitute teacher
Jennifer VanSkyrock - substitute teacher
* Approved overnight trips:
FCCLA - State Convention - April 17-18
FFA - State Convention - May 2 - 3
* Approval of Book fees for 2008-09 school year as presented.
Increase technology fees to $15 for grades 7-12 and planner fees to $7.00
* Approved the following spring/fall field overnight trips:
5th grade - COSI - March 13-14
6th grade - Henry Ford/Greenfield - May 8-9
8th grade trip to D.C. - October 14-19
* Approved revisions to the 08-09 calendar as presented.
* Heard updates on the following:
Reviewed the year-to-date earnings from the Botkins Local School Foundation -
total market value $116,434
Learned we received a $20,000 eTech PD grant - Lynn Pleiman and Stacy Braun
will be working with this project.
Heard the ODE approved our Acceleration Policy.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School