The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on January 19, 2009.
Recognition and Hearing of the Public -
Lynn Pleiman and Stacy Braun prepared a presentation concerning the eportfolio grant that was received. Samples of student portfolios were reviewed.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the December 10, 2008, Board of Education meeting.
* Reviewed financial report by fund.
* Reviewed expenditures for the month.
Invested monies - it was noted that we have collected $26,000 less in interest for our investments.
* Approved the amended 5-year forecast.
Added change - $30,000 foundation
$30,000 expenditures - purchased services
* Heard committee reports:
Buildings & Maintenance - the pipes in grades 4-6 have frozen up and pipes have been rerouted.
* Approved bus routes for 2nd semester. Routes were changed January 12.
* Approved the calendar for 2009-10 school year.
* Established the cost for Dr. Education for the 2009-10 school year at $225. This cost is determined by the cost to operate the program.
* We received the following donations:
Mark & Kathy Roggenkamp Education Scholarship --
$200 Henie Roggenkamp
$ 25 Priscilla Wilt
$ 25 Greg & Priscilla Wilt
$300 Mark & Kathy Roggenkamp
$ 50 Rebecca Smith
* Hired the following substitute teachers:
Phillip Groves, Patricia Kramer, Amanda Wilt
* Hired the following substitute bus drivers:
Dan Knoop and Connie Greve
* Hired Don Ellinger as parttime janitor at $7.75 per hour.
* Joined OSBA for 2009 school year at $2720
* Adopted a resolution to declare it necessary to place a replacement tax on the ballot in May for a 2-mill permanent improvement levy.
This tax has been levied since 1980.
* Entered executive session to consider the employment, dismissal, discipline and/or investigation of charges against a public employee.
Botkins Local School