The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on January 13, 2010.
Recognition and hearing of the public -
Project Achieve members gave an overview of the Project Achieve. Present were Sybil Truster and Ron Nufrio (ESC), Hollie Ahrens (counselor), and Krista Meyer. We learned that this program is a 3-year project. Hollie Ahrens is the counselor and works with our elementary students targeting grades K-3.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the December 16, 2009 Board of Education meeting.
* Approved the Financial Report by Fund
* Reviewed the Investment Report.
* Reviewed the Payroll, Expenses, Receipts, and GF Balances for FY06,07,08,09, and 10.
* Heard Committee reports,
* Approved the bus routes for the second semester.
* Adopted the school calendar for the 2010-11 school year as presented.
* Set the cost of Drivers Education at $275 for students attending Botkins School and $300 for students not attending Botkins School, for the 2010-11 school year.
* Moved to join OSBA for the calendar year 2010 at a rate of $2,706.
* Hired Ken Lemmon as a sub bus driver and Tony Rogers as bus driver for the Wapak PM route, as per salary schedule.
* Adopted a resolution to delay all-day, every day kindergarten until the 2011-12 schoolyear due to budget and space constraints.
* Endorsed the creation of the Music Boosters as an organization to support both the band and choir.