The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on January 12, 2011.
Recognition and hearing of the public -- Members of the Statebound robotics team prepared a presentation for the Board of Education.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the December 8, 2010, Board of Education regular meeting.
* Approved the Treasuer's report by fund, the Investment Report, and cash balance report as presented.
* Approved Appropriation Modifications to permanent improvement fund for bus transmission.
* Approved the Then and Now purchase order for the Opportunity School seat for $5240.
* Heard Committee reports --
- Buildings and Maintenance - 2 estimates for the repair of the southwest entrance - one from Beemand one from Woehrmeyer Construction.
- Finance and Audit - Discussed consequences of budget cuts
- Boosters -- preparing for Ball drop and Night at the Races
* Approved bus routes for the second semester.
* Adopted the school calendar for the 2011-12 school year.
* Set the cost of Drivers Education at $275 for the 2011-12 school year for students attending Botkins School and $325 for students not enrolled in Botkins.
* Joined OSBA for the calendar year 2011 at a rate of $2696.
* Adopted a resolution to delay all-day, every-day kindergarten for the 2011-12 school year and the 2012-13 school year due to budget and space constraints.
* Adopted the resolution for the teaching of Financial Literacy and College and Career Readiness in grades 7 and/or 8 effective the 2011-12 school year.
* Changed the February 2011 Board meeting to February 2, 2011, at 7:00 PM.
* Executive session to review employment of personnel.
* Updates -
- Health inspection went well.
- Reviewed Fiscal Benchmarks
- Shelby Co. ESC is talking with area ESC's to combine services.
* Adopted the addition to Board Policy 6520 Item L: 457 Plan and 403B Plan must have 10% participation in order to be on the approved provider list.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School