January 2011 Reorganizaitonal
The Botkins Board of Education's reorganizational meeting was held on Wednesday,
January 12, 2011, and approved the following:
* Jack Koenig was elected President for 2011.
* Anita Uetrecht was elected Vice President for 2011.
* Set the compensation for Botkins Board of Education at $40 per meeting for calendar year 2011 with compensation not to exceed 12 meetings per year.
* Established the date of the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 P.M. in the high school media center as the standard date, time, and location for the regularly scheduled meetings of the Botkins Board of Education during 2011.
* Designated Anita Uetrecht as the Botkins Board of Education legislative liaison and the student achievement liaison during 2011.
* Designated the Sidney Daily News and the Wapakoneta Daily News as the official newspapers of the Botkins School District during 2011.
* Approved expenses for board members, teachers, administrators, and classified staff members for attending professional meetings and when conducting school business, to set the mileage rate at 45 cents per mile.
* Approved the following standing authorizations:
- Authorized the treasurer to secure advances from the Shelby Co. Auditor when funds are available and payable to the school district.
- Authorized the treasurer to invest any inactive funds at the most productive interest rate.
- Authorized the treasurer to pay bills and to make appropriation modifications as needed within the limits of the appropriation measure.
- Authorized the treasurer in conjunction with the Board President to borrow funds in anticipation of tax receipts.
- Authorized the superintendent to employ such temporary personnel as is needed for emergency situations.
- Authorized the superintendent to serve as the district purchasing agent.
- Authorized the superintendent to be the district Title IX Compliance Officer for Botkins School District.
* Appointed Angie Woodruff as treasurer pro-tempore in the treasurer's absence during a board meeting.
* Approved the cost of bonding for the treasurer, school secretaries, superintendent, board president, and other school employees as necessary for calendar year 2011.
* Appointed Board members to the following Administrative committees:
- Buildings and Maintenance - Jack Koenig and Mark Goubeaux
- Finance/Audit - Jack Koenig and Mark Goubeaux
- Negotiations - Jack Koenig and Anita Uetrecht
- Foundation - Mark Goubeaux and Angie Woodruff
- Park Board - Janet Bergman and Angie Woodruff
- Technology - Janet Bergman and Mark Goubeaux
- CIC - Janet Bergman
- Student Liaison OSBA - Anita Uetrecht
- Louise Sheets - Anita Uetrecht
- Boosters - Janet Bergman and Angie Woodruff
* Approved participation in the following programs for 2010-11: all Federal/Title funds associated with the CCIP, free lunch program, 5th quarter grant, Ohio K-12 network, etech - REAP, RttT, ARRA.
* Set the cost to the public for copies of public records at 10 cents per page for the 2011 year.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School