The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on January 11, 2012.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the December 14, 2012, Board of Education regular meeting.
* Approved the Financial Report by fund, the Investment Report, and cash balance report as presented.
* Heard Committee reports --
- Buildings and Maintenance - fire alarm has been fixed.
- Finance and Audit - perfect audit
- Technology - are talking with new schools/vendors
- Boosters - preparing for Night at Races/Ball Drop
* Approved the bus routes as presented.
* Adopted the school calendar for the 2012-13 school year.
* Set the cost of Drivers Education at $275 attending students and $325 for nonattending students.
* Joined OSBA for the calendar year 2012 at a rate of $2489.
* Accepted donations of $3960 for Becky Grillot Scholarship Fund and $500 for Julius Greve Scholarship Fund.
* Determined that transportation to Sidney Christian Academy is impractical and the Board will pay parents in lieu of providing such services.
* Hired Andrea Greve as a substitute teacher for the 2011-12 school year.
* Hired David Maurer as JV baseball coach.
* Entered executive session to discuss the purchase of land.
* Heard Updates --
- We received a positive health inspection report.
- Reviewed the ODE Fiscal Benchmark Report which shows expenditure per pupil - FY11 - $8295 which is below the state average of $10,705
- RttT -- Progress is being made to ensure our students have college and career readiness skills by graduation. Several staff members will be attending the ACT conference to learn more on how ACT can help us.
ESC personnel will provide additional training in Value Added. Teachers will complete online PD in Value Added.
Our next focus will be FIP - Formative Instructional Practices. We will be piloting this with the help of a regional consultant who specialized in FIP.
- Received a perfect audit.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School