January 2014 Reorganizational
The BOE met on January 8th for the reorganizational meeting and took the following actions:
v Elected Jack Koenig as President for the 2014 calendar year.
v Elected Janet Bergman as Vice-President for the 2014 calendar year.
v Set the compensation for Botkins Board of Education members at $40 per meeting for calendar year 2014 with compensation not to exceed 12 meetings per year.
v Established the date of the 2nd Wednesday of each month, the time of 7:00 PM and the location of the high school media center as the standard date, time and location for the regularly scheduled meetings of the Botkins Board of Education during 2014.
v Designated Neil Boerger as the Botkins Board of Education legislative liaison to the OSBA during 2014.
v Designated Neil Boerger as the Botkins Board of Education student achievement liaison during 2014.
v Designated the Sidney Daily News and the Wapakoneta Daily News as the official newspapers of the Botkins School District during 2014.
v Approved expenses for board members, teachers, administrators and classified staff members for attending professional meeting and when conducting school business, to set the mileage rate at .50 cents per mile for 2014.
v Approved the following standing authorizations:
1. Authorize the treasurer to secure advances from the Shelby County Auditor when funds are available and payable to the school district.
2. Authorize the treasurer to invest any inactive funds at the most productive interest rate.
3. Authorize the treasurer to pay bills and to make appropriation modifications as needed within the limits of the appropriation measure.
4. Authorize the treasurer in conjunction with the Board President to borrow funds in anticipation of tax receipts.
1. Authorize the superintendent to employ such temporary personnel as is needed for emergency situations.
2. Authorize the superintendent to serve as the district purchasing agent.
3. Authorize the superintendent to be the district Title IX Compliance Officer for Botkins School District.
v Appointed Mark Goubeaux as the treasurer pro-tempore in the treasurers absence during a board meeting.
v Approved the cost of Bonding for the treasurer, secretaries, superintendent, board president and other school employees as necessary for calendar year 2014.
v Appointed Board members to the following Administrative committees:
Buildings and Maintenance: Jack Koenig
Finance and Maintenance: Jack Koenig and Neil Boerger
Negotiations: Jack Koenig and Neil Boerger
Foundation: Mark Goubeaux and Rebecca Hoelscher
Park Board: Mark Goubeaux and Neil Boerger
Technology: Neil Boerger and Rebecca Hoelscher
CIC: Janet Bergman and Rebecca Hoelscher
Student Achievement Liaison: Neil Boerger
Louise Sheets: Rebecca Hoelscher
Boosters: Janet Bergman
v Approved participation in the following for 2013-14 school year, all Federal/Title funds associated with the CCIP, free lunch program, Vo Ag matching grant, Ohio K-12 network, REAP, RttT, AVID, AP Virtual Learning, RttT Mini Grant.
v Set the cost to the public for copies of public records at .10 per page for the 2014 year.