The BOE met on January 9th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Recognized the School Board for School Board Appreciation Month.
- Approved the minutes of the December 12th Board of Education regular board meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Approved the bus routes as presented for the second half of the year.
- Set the cost of Driver's Education at $325 for Botkins students and $375 for non-Botkins students for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Agreed to join the OSBA for the calendar year 2019 at a rate of $2896.00.
- Approved the purchase of a 72 passenger Blue Bird bus from Cardinal through the Southwestern EPC in the amount of $78,200. Authorization was also given for a 3-year note with Cardinal Bus (thru tcf Equipment Finance) at an interest rate of 4.6% and to approve the Treasurer to sign off on the loan paperwork.
- Hired the following positions for the 2018-19 school year:
Danielle Schneider - Winter Seasonal Help
Jason Jones - Varsity Baseball Coach
Tony Rampulla - Assistant Varsity Baseball Coach
- Hired the following substitute teachers for 2018-19 school year at a rate of $90 per day: Hope Ruhenkamp, Elizabeth Barhorst, Hannah Vondrell and Taylor Quay.
- Adopted the 2019-20 school calendar as presented.