The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on July 18, 2007.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the June 6, 2007, Board meeting.
* Reviewed the fiscal year-end expenses. We have spent $8000 less than we took in for FY07 fiscal year.
* Discussed the investment reports - Bond retirement amount - we will generate $42 - $45,000 in interest for the general fund.
* Approved the financial report.
* Heard committee reports -
Sculpture Invitational is scheduled for next weekend.
Summer building projects are moving forward.
* The Board determined that transportation to Troy Christian is impractical and the Board will pay the parents in lieu of providing services.
* Approved bus routes for the 2007-08 school year.
* Set athletic prices for the 2007-08 school year per SCL - with no increases noted - freshmen basketball games will be $2.00 for adult/students.
* Hired the following substitute teachers for the 2007-08 school year:
John Banks, Jason Becker, Lori Bornhorst, Heather Buchanan, Jim Buehler, Peg Buehler, Carlotte Dodds, Katie Eilerman, Doug Evans, Tammy Gross, Carolyn Jensvold, Jerald Kauffman, Fran Miller, Jennifer Murray, Ryan Quatman, Lindsay Rogers, Dwight Schmiesing, Staci Sunderland, Shirley Umstead, Susan Ware.
* Hired the following tutors for the summer at $18.50 per hour:
Alex Gutman, Ryan Gutman, Ashlee Zimpfer, Molly Wyss, Michele Meyer
* Hired substitute bus drivers for the 2007-08 school year:
Tony Rogers, Craig Bowsher, Dorothy Gehrlich, Tom Emerson, Don Mack, David Uetrecht, Gerald Lenhart
* Hired the following supplemental personnel and personnel per salary schedule:
JV Volleyball Coach Jane Fullenkamp
Student Council Advisor Jeff McPheron
Winter Sports Activities Jeff McPheron
Varsity Assistant Soccer Ryan Quatman
Varsity Assistant Baseball Rob Koch
Gifted Coordinator Lisa Kindelin
* Accepted the following donations:
$3800 Young Farmers for a milk machine
$ 100 Buckeye Ford - FFA
$ 500 ABC's - RIF
$1433 Brown Industrial
* Entered executive session to discuss personnel
* Entered a motion to leave executive session.
* Hired Michele Meyer as a reading specialist on a 1-year contract for the 07-08 school year.
* Approved a 2.75% salary increase for all certified and classified staff for the 2007-08 school year.
* Heard the following updates:
1. OSFC has presented our district with a master plan. We will now analyze and review the results before the final approval is made.
2. All buses passed inspection for the 07-08 school year.
3. Reviewed plans for the upcoming Sculpture Invitational on July 28 & 29.
4. Reviewed P.I. expenditures