The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on July 14, 2010.
Took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the June 9, 2010 board meeting.
* Approved the financial report
* Reviewed Committee reports -- Learned from the Building Committee that building maintenance is on schedule.
We have no firm date on the paving of the parking lot.
* Agreed to pay parents in lieu of transporting parochial school students.
* Approved the bus routes for the 2010-11 school year.
* Approved athletic prices for the 2010-11 school year per SCL. Season passes -- $70 per adult and $35 for a student pass.
* Hired substitute drivers for the 2010-11 school year: Chad Berning, Dorothy Gehrlich, Tom Emerson, Don Mack, Gerald Lenhart, David Uetrecht, Dan Knoop, Alice Schmerge, Connie Greve.
* Hired substitute teachers: Sue Carter, Maria Dietz, Meghan Gehret, Diane Winner, Audrey Gutman, Kristen Hawkins, Carolyn Jensvold, Dwight Schmiesing, Sarah Sheeley, Heather Thaman, and
Shirley Umstead at $80 per day.
Anita Uetrecht - volunteer
* Hired the extracurricular positions:
Jeff Roberts Boys 7th grade basketball coach
Janine Schmitmeyer Girls varsity basketball assistant
Bryan Trego Varsity softball coach
Fred Schmerge Co-ed varsity assistant cross country
Rebekah Oglesby 8th grade girls basketball
Liz Long 7th grade volleyball
Jane Fullenkamp AD supplemental
Andy Rammel Varsity softball coach assistant
Ryan Gutman Boys varsity track coach
Sybil Koenig Adult volunteer coordinator
* Approved a 1-year contract for Jane Fullenkamp - Athletic Director position per certified contract status.
* Approved a resolution of commendation for FCCLA Jr. Parli Pro and Interior Design -- both earned gold ratings at National FCCLA convention.
* Entered executive session to discuss negotiations.
* Approved the Master agreement for 2010-11 school year -- 0% increase on the base.
* Approved classified contracts as presented.
* Hired Nancy Brown as guidance secretary on a 1-year limited contract.
* Buses were inspected. All buses were approved except Bus #2.
* Reviewed preliminary report card data. Preliminary results are that all indicators were met.
* Noted that Algebra I taken at the 8th grade level will count as high school credit.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School