The BOE met on July 11th, 2017 for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of the June 13, 2017 Board of Education regular meeting, June 13th, 2017 Special Board meeting with the Village Council and June 29th, 2017 Special Board meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report and cash balance report as presented.
- Hired Annette Hensley as School Nutrition Supervisor per salary and given a per diem contract for days needed in July.
- Hired Kirsten Martinez, Part-Time Elementary Guidance Counselor/Additional Guidance Support, on an interim contract up to 10 days as needed at the 2016-17 per diem rate.
- Hired the following substitute teachers for the 2017-18 school year at a rate of $90 per day:
Logan Pitts, Whitney Rogers, Alexandra Fisher, Becky Walters, Kristen Hollis, Jennifer Luebke, Mark Vaughn, Samantha Riffell, Amanda Hellwarth, Jessica Nichols, Karen Christman, Robert Reed, Rick Russell
- Hired the following list of substitutes for the 2017-18 school year as presented:
Mary Lou Pitts was hired as a consultant and substitute cafeteria worker as needed for the 2017-18 school year.
Rita Monnin - Secretary/Aide
Donna Bogart - Janitorial
Scott Nanik - Bus Driver
Chad Berning - Bus Driver
Robert Reed - Bus Driver
Dan Knoop - Bus Driver
Brad Bergman - Bus Driver
- Moved to hire the following substitute cafeteria workers as presented:
Emily Gill, Jeanie Bergman and Mary Lou Pitts
- Approved the bus routes and authorized the Superintendent to make changes as deemed necessary.
- Approved that the transportation to Sidney Christian Academy is impractical and the Board will pay Mrs. Joe Morris and Mr. and Mrs. Paul Swartz in lieu of providing such services.
- Set the 2018 Graduation date for Sunday, May 27th at 1:30 P.M.
- Approved to enter the program services agreement with the Midwest Regional ESC for the Fiscal Year 2018.
- Accepted the resignation of Donna Bogart from her cafeteria position effective immediately.
- Accepted the resignation of Gina Rogers from her position of Elementary Principal/Intervention Coordinator effective as of July 31, 2017.
- Approved a 3 year administrative contract for Superintendent Jeff McPheron starting August 1, 2018.
- Entered executive session to discuss hiring of personnel.
- Left executive session.