The Botkins Board of Education met on July 17th, 2018 for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Heard updates on the light project at the soccer/track complex from Eric Guckes.
- Approved the minutes of the June 13, 2018 Board of Education regular meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Hired the following extracurricular positions per salary schedule for the 2018-19 school year:
Sybil Koenig - Grade 3 Test Prep (tutoring)
Heather Thaman - Grade 3 Test Prep (tutoring)
Becky Walters - After school tutor
Katie Greve - After school tutor
Kendra Berryman - After school tutor (after soccer season)
Debbie Faulder - After school tutor
Jodi Alig - After school tutor
Jenny Luebke - In-school tutor
Luanne Powell - In-school tutor
Becky Walters - In-school tutor - 3 days per week
Lavelle Smith - Driver Training Manager/Driver's Ed Instructor
Ann Gerstner - Driver's Ed Instructor
Rob Berryman - RoBotkins
Dennis Martin - Varsity Baseball Coach
Jason Jones - Varsity Baseball Assistant Coach
Bryan Trego - Varsity Softball Coach
Allan Egbert - Track and Field Assistant Coach (Pole Vault)
Taylor Decker - Coed Track Assistant Coach
Ryan Gutman - Boys Varsity Track Coach
Fred Schmerge - Girls Varsity Track Coach
Tina Paul - JH Boys and Girls Track and Field Coach
Margie Haehn - Musical Assistant Director
Jena Holtkamp - Concession Stand Coordinator
- Hired Anthony Sell as a Bus Driver for the 2018-19 school year on a 1 year contract.
- Hired Susan Covelli as a Secretary for the 2018-19 school year on a 1 year contract.
- Hired the following list of substitute teachers for the 2018-19 school year at a rate of $90 per day: Whitney Rogers, Alexandra Fisher, Karen Schmerge, Lydia Steinke, Becky Walters, Jenny Luebke, Mark Vaughn, Rick Russell
- Hired the following list of substitutes for the 2018-19 school year as presented:
Chad Berning-Bus Driver
Dan Knoop-Bus Driver
Brad Bergman-Bus Driver
- Hired Mary Lou Pitts as a consultant and substitute cafeteria worker as needed for the 2018-19 school year.
- Approved the bus routes and authorized the Superintendent to make changes as deemed necessary.
- Approved that transportation to Sidney Christian Academy is impractical and the Board will pay Mrs. Joe Morris in lieu of providing such services.
- Approved to enter the program services agreement with the Midwest Regional ESC for Fiscal Year 2019.
- Accepted the resignation of Jane Wildermuth from the cafeterias effective immediately.
- Approved the overnight Cross Country to Cedarville University September 14th - 15th, 2018
- Adopted the Resolution determining to proceed to levy a tax in excess of the Ten-Mill limitation.