The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on June 11, 2008.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the May 14, 2008 regular meeting.
* Approved the financial report by fund.
* Approved the treasurer's report by fund.
* Approved the GAAP contract with Carol Riggle - CPA for FY08 GAAP Accounting for $4300. New treasurer will complete Modified Cash Basis.
* Amended the certificate of estimated resources, made supplemental appropriations, and modified appropriations.
* Heard discussion on HSA - health plan as an option for employees.
* Heard committee reports.
Summer work is progressing -
Parking lot has been repaired - waiting on village street maintenance to complete.
Roof is partially completed.
Abatement Plan for Health Inspection is complete. It will be submitted in 2 weeks.
A sculpture was commissioned and will be installed at the park this summer.
Boosters had a successful Carousel weekend.
* Approved temporary appropriations for FY09:
General Fund $1,200,000
Debt Service 200,000
Enterprise Funds 100,000
Special Revenue 80,000
Capital Projects 100,000
Fiduciary Funds 20,000
* Set substitute pay at $80 per day.
* Set lunch prices for the 08-09 school year:
Grades 1-6 $1.50
Grades 7-12 $1.80
* Approved a la carte items and prices as presdented.
* Approved working with OSBA Gates McDonald for our workman's compensation coverage.
* Approved overnight trip for Kaleb Roggenkamp to FCCLA National Convention with Minster's chapter to Florida.
* Approved Board policy changes as presented.
* Agreed to defer the OSFC building project until July 2009.
* Accepted a donation from Dr. Cheryl Mann of $290 for the athletic fund for sports physicals. The Board expressed appreciation for the generous donation of time for our students.
* Approved a resolution to place a 1 1/4% earned income levy on the ballot in November 2008.
* Heard undates:
New bus has arrived.
Reviewed OGT scores and are pleased with results.
Reviewed bus fleet information.
Botkins Local School