The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on June 10, 2009.
Hearing of the Public:
Steve Woodruff attended the meeting and made a request for the Board to reconsider student athletes being able to participate in two varsity sports simultaneously.
The track/soccer complex was also discussed.
The Board took the following actions:
* Reviewed and approved the minutes of the May 13, 2009 regular Board meeting and the
minutes of the May 27, 2009 special board meeting.
* Reviewed and accepted the financial statement.
* Revised the certificate of estimated resources and made supplemental appropriations as presented.
* Heard Committee reports:
Crop Production Services donated the materials and the park permitted the use of 3 acres for the FFA to plant soybeans. Profits will go to the FFA
* Approved Temporary Appropriations for FY10.
* Changed the July regular Board of Education meeting to July 1 at 7:00 PM.
* Set substitute pay at $80 per day for the 09-10 school year.
* Set lunch prices for the 2009-10 school year as follows:
Grades 1-6 $1.50
Grades 7-12 $1.80
* Approved the A La Carte items as presented with the only increase being soup from $1.00 to $1.50.
* Joined OSBA Gates McDonald for our workmen's compensation coverage for FY10.
* Approved the overnight trip to the FCCLA National Convention to Nashville, Tennessee on July 11-16.
* Approved the 5-year contract for Mr. McPheron.
* Hiring of personnel for summer:
Jared Boyd - summer janitor
Scott Bayless - Summer tutor at $18.50 per hour.
* Hiring of Extracurricular positions:
8th grade basketball Eric Hulsmeyer
Girls' JV basketball Don Mack
Varsity Asst. baseball Andrew Thobe
JV Volleyball Coach Kristin Ruppert
8th Gr. VB coach Sara Brown
7th Gr. VB coach Tricia Mullen
Throw Coach James Johnson
Pole Vault Coach Allan Egbert
Boys/girls JH track Tracy Cooper
Varsity Boys soccer Kevin Lynch
Var. boys soccer Asst. Miguel Rodriguez
Girls varsity soccer Todd Oren
Girls varsity Asst. Jody Underwood
* Approved a request for Waiver Days for September 15, 2009, and February 23, 2010, to provide Professional Development district wide.
* Discussed the purchase of a school bus for the 09-10 school year.
* Reviewed the health inspection report & reviewed the health abatement plan.
* Reviewed the OGT scores and discussed how well our students did.
* Learned that we will be participating in Project Achieve for the next 3 school years. Our K-6 staff will be trained in this program. We will be adding a 3-hour per day guidaance counselor to be 100% paid through a grant.
* Entered executive session.
* Left executive session.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School