The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on June 9, 2010.
Took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the May 12, 2010 board meeting.
* Approved the financial report by fund.
* Reviewed the Investment Report.
* Reviewed the payroll, expenses, receipts, and balances.
* Revised the Certificate and Appropriations to the Auditor.
* Approved temporary Appropriations for FY11.
* Approved a Then and Now purchase order for students to attend CPI.
* Approved a contract with Carol Riggle for FY09 GAAP accounting for $4730 and Modified Cash Basis ($1250).
* Approved the substitute pay for the 2010-11 school year for $80 per day.
* Approved lunch prices for the 2010-11 school year with no increases:
Grades 1-6 $1.50
Grades 7-12 $1.80
Adult prices $2.50
Grades 1-3 $0.25
Extra milk $0.25
* Approved an overnight trip to Kansas City, Missouri, Oct. 29-Nov. 1, for the American Royal FFA Livestock Judging -- the team will fly.
* Hiring of personnel for summer school tutoring:
Maria Dietz, Scott Bayless, Cherie Fark, Tonya Henderson, Lavelle Smith
* Approved the following extracurricular positions for the 2010-11 school year:
8th gr. boys basketball Eric Hulsmeyer
Girls JV basketball Don Mack
Varsity baseball coach Kris Vordermark
Varsity Asst. baseball Andrew Thobe
JV Volleyball coach Tricia Mullen
8th grade Volleyball coach Diane Leugers
Throw Coach boys/girls varsity
track assistant James Johnson
Pole Vault Coach Alan Egbert
Varisty boys soccer Kevin Lynch
Varsity boys soccer assistant Miguel Rodriguez
Girls varsity soccer Todd Oren
Girls varisty assistant Jody Underwood
Girls varsity volunteer assistant Jeff McGowan
* Approval of donations:
$200 gift card from Leo Schmerge family
$100 from ICC for use of gym
$1000 from Tom Counts family
* Approved the resolutions of commendation for the State Track athletes:
Dylan Newman, Morgan Fullenkamp, and Brittany Bailey
* Approved the OHSAA regulation for 7th and 8th graders to pass a minimum of 5 courses and in addition students must maintain a 1.5 GPA.
Heard the following updates:
* Reviewed the information for our bus fleet.
* Reviewed a la carte menu items for a decision to be made on the prices at the August board meeting.
* Reviewed the health inspection report -- we had a very good health inspection.
* Heard the hearing for the reevaluation of Boomerang Rubber concerning property valuation will be June 22.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School