The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on June 8, 2011.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the May 11 regular meeting and the May 24 and May 31 special board meetings.
* Heard the treasurer's report
* Amended the Certificate of Estimated Resources -- made supplemental appropriations and modified appropriations as presented.
* Created the following fund establishments: 506 - Race to the Top; 532 Stablization Fund, 533 Title IID Grant Fund; and 587 IDEA ESC Pass Thru Fund.
* Nothing new to report on committee reports.
Selection of Architect for OSFC Project. Ranking of Architectural firms:
1st Fanning & Howey
2nd Garmann Miller
3rd Freytag & Associates
* Entered negotiations with Fanning & Howey for professional OSFC building project.
* Approved temporary appropriations for FY12.
* Set substitute pay at $80 per day for the 2011-12 school year.
* Set lunch prices for the 2011-12 school year -- due to a federal mandated increase,
lunch prices increase by 5 cents.
Grades 1-6 $1.55
Grades 7-12 $1.85
Milk-- Kindergarten 10 cents
Grades 1-3 25 cents
Extra milk 25 cents
* Approved Jordan Marx's attendance at the Advanced Ohio Leadership Development Conference June 24-27, 2011.
* Hired the following personnel as summer tutor/summer intervention:
* Entered executive session to discuss hiring of personnel
* Hired the following:
Joe Welker, Jr. Varsity Soccer
Mike Maurer JV girls basketball
Don Mack Varsity girls basketball
Allison Mack Asst. Varsity girls basketball
Janine Schmitmeyer 8th grade girls basketball
* Approved the following donations:
$500 - Carl & Phyllis Serr - scholarship
$2000 - Wayne & Connie Schneider for Carl & Phyllis Serr Scholarship Fund.
$100 - from Cargill
* Approved the establishment of the Carl & Phyllis Serr Scholarship Fund.
* Approved Resolutions of Commendation for Regional competition in track:
4 x 800m 4th in District 5th in Regionals
4 x 400m 4th in District Regional Qualifier
Dylan Newman - District Runner-Up in shot put - 6th in Regionals
* Passed a resolution authorizing the school district in the OSFC 1990 Lookback -- the school desires to proceed with the Scope of the Project & Master Facilities Plan:
State share $17,473,917
Local share $ 5,824,639
Project budget $23,298,556
* Board meetings for July and August have been changed:
July 15 - 6:00 PM
August 17 - 7:00 PM
Race to the Top Report:
RttT transformation team met and set goals for year 2, 3, and 4 when revisions were made to the Scope of Work. The scope of work and all other pertinent info will now be placed on ODE's Sharepoint. We now will await approval from ODE.
Staff development for Year 1 goals took place on June 2 & 3. 95% of all staff has been trained for 12 hours in formative assessment. Services for this were contracted from Align,Assess, Achieve. Cost was $5225.
There will be no formal activities for staff in July. We will be ramping up for the 2011-12 school year in August.
ODE sent a communique that ODE would be restructuring their office and the focus will be RttT.
Info on this will be found on our RttT link.
Botkins Local School