The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on March 8, 2007.
The Board of Education heard a presentation from Lindsey Schneider and Vicki Grillot concerning the first Lego League Competition and Nano Technology.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the February 14, 2007 board meeting.
* Approved the financial report by fund
* Reviewed investment report, payroll expenses and receipts
* Heard committee reports:
Buildings & Maintenance - discussed summer projects and repairs to the heating system.
Park Board - looked at the lights for the soccer field
Little League World Series
Boosters - Night at the Races is coming up
* Approved the Nonrenewal of all supplemental contracts for the 2006-07 school year
* Approved a resolution to accept the amounts and rates as determined by the budget commission and authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying to the county auditor.
* Accepted a $50 donation from Greg and Priscilla Wilt for the Sculpture Invitational.
* Accepted a $1000 donation from the Sharp Shooters for the use of the gym.
* Approved a resolution of commendation for Nathaniel Stutsman for competing at the Regional Spelling Bee.
* Special Board meeting to interview principal candidates - March 28, 2007, at 6:00 P.M.
* Hired the following extracurricular positions:
James Johnson - throw coach
Rob Koch - Assistant varsity baseball coach
Brett Meyer - JV softball coach
* Held executive session to discuss personnel.
Heard updates on the following:
* Refinish gym floor
* Painting of classrooms 18, 25, 34, 35
* Concrete work
* Exhaust fan
* Mezzanine bleachers
* Trane updating existing controls ($25,000)