The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on March 13, 2012, and took the following actions:
* Several community members were present to express their concerns with the roof. They would like to see a pitched roof as opposed to a flat roof. In addition they preferred a standing seam roof.
* Approved the minutes of the February 8, 2012, Board of Education regular meeting.
* Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
* Amended the Certificate of Estimated Resources, made supplemental Appropriations and modified appropriations as presented.
* Approved to designate funds deposited at Fifth third as inactive and thus can be invested in certificate of Deposits with a maturity of over 1 year but no later than five years.
* Nonrenewed all supplemental contracts effective at the end of the 2011-12 school year.
* Adopted a resolution of commendation for:
Logan Bauer earned a State berth in diving and finished first.
FFA Livestock Judging Team finished 1st at Wilmington. Jordan fledderjohann placed 1st overall.
FFA General Livestock Team placed 1st at the highland Co. Invitational in Hillsboro. Seth Aufderhaar placed 2nd overall.
FFA General Livestock Team placed 1st at the Mt. Gilead Judging Contest. Seth Aufderhaarfinished 2nd overall.
Power of the Pen participants Drew Ewry placed 6th, Sarah Knoop placed 15th, and Amber Buehler, Sierra Butcher, and Amber Ferguson for
qualifying for Regional Competition.
Brian Bowers qualified for the State Geography Bee (1st time in school's history).
* Hired Terry Wilt as a park maintenance employee to work on the athletic fields at a rate of $8.70 per hour.
* Hired Jessica Rammel as JV softball coach, Chelsea Rogers, Kristen Higgins, Mary Sayre Furgeson and Sarah Green as substitute teachers per salary schedule.
* Accepted a $2500 donation to be used in accordance with the wishes of the donor and $100 donation from Brian and Terri Egbert for the Team Becky Grillot Scholarship.
* Approved a resolution accepting the amounts and rates as determined by the budget commission and authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying to the county auditor.
* Approved the architect project agreement with Fanning & Howey as presented.
* Established a scholarship in memory of Becky Grillot and to recognize her team of supporters -- called Team Becky Grillot Memorial Scholarship.
* Approved a resolution to participate in EPC Natural Gas program for 5 years with constellation New Energy Gas Division LLC.
* Adopted a resolution appointing representative authorized to act on its behalf during Ohio School Facilities Commission Classroom Facilities Assistance Program Project.
* Approved an acknowledgment of memorandum of agreement with OSFC relating to commission services with STAN Engineers for our OSFC project.
* Entered executive session to discuss contract status/evaluations of employees/purchase of land.
* Accepted the resignation of Tracy Cooper effective March 30, 2012.
* Rehired Tracy Cooper effective April 1 for training purposes as needed.
* Hired Julie Schneider as high school secretary on a limited contract.
* Passed a resolution supporting participating in the Formative Assessment in Middle School Pilot Project.
* Evening With the Arts takes place on April 13.
* Artist Scott Lloyd Anderson will be doing a workshop April 9-13 from 4:00-9:00 pm.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School