The BOE met on March 11th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of the February 12th Board of Education regular meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, general fund activity, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Moved to non-renew all supplemental contracts effective at the end of the 2019-20 school year.
- Hired the following substitutes for the 2019-2020 school year at a rate of $90 a day: Cheyanne Eagy, Katelynn Bell, Kim Davis, and Audrey Kanars.
- Moved to participate in Ohio SchoolComp for the 2020 Workers' Compensation Group Rating Program. This third-party administration is CompManagement. Enrollment fee is $250.
- Adopted the resolution of commendations as presented:
Paige Doseck – Set a new school record in the Girls Swim 50 Free with a time of 28.17 seconds.
Liza Aselage – Set a new school record in the Girls Swim 100 Backstroke with a time of 1:15.37.
Declen Masur – Set a new school record in the Boys Swim 100 Backstroke with a time of 1:12.07.
Boys Swim 200 Medley Relay – Justin Shuga, Declen Masur, RJ Poeppelman, Keaton Schnippel were District Qualifiers.
High School Choir - Meg Russell, Ella Aufderhaar, Brian Del Real, Sarah VanBrocklin, Ainsley Manger, Kelsie Burmeister, Emma Ewry, Emma McName, Chloe Richardson, Paige Doseck, Averie Thorpe all earned Superior ratings at the Solo and Ensemble Competition.
High School Choir - Ainsley Manger, Paige Doseck, Chloe Richardson and Alex Bajwa all earned Excellent ratings for their performances at the Solo and Ensemble competition.
High School Choir – Sarah VanBrocklin, Chloe Richardson and Emma McName were chosen to be members of the Ohio Ambassadors of Music this past summer.
High School Choir-Sarah VanBrocklin, Emma McName, Meg Russell, Chloe Richardson, Natalia Wiley, Ella Aufderhaar, Ainsley Manger, Robbie Lynch, Christian Denning and Alex Bajwa auditioned and were named to the OMEA District XI Honors Choir.
Jr. High School Choir – Kendra Billing, Marissa Berryman, Sophia Bajwa, Grace Wiseman, Alex Beam and Mark Carducci were chosen to participate in the OMEA Junior High Honors Choir.
High School Band – Paige Doseck, Sarah VanBrocklin, Natalia Wiley, Nathan Ruppert, Andrew Monnin, Xavier Monnin, Emma Ewry, Elijah VanBrocklin, Gavin Fogt, Jacob Snider all earned Superior ratings at the Solo and Ensemble Competition.
Jr. High School Band-JJ Meyer and Taylor Fullenkamp were chosen to participate in the OMEA District 11 Junior High Honors Band.
- Approved a resolution accepting the amounts and rates as determined by the budget commission and authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying to the county auditor.
- Adopted the changes to the Board Policy as presented.
- Accepted the donations of $1500 from the 5 Star Basketball to the boys' basketball fund and $1000 from Josh and Jessica Meyer to be used for the Cara Meyer Scholarship.
- Denied the request for 100% abatement on a new construction project requested by Platfoot Industrial Properties and Fertilizer Dealer Supply and adopt the resolution as presented.
- Entered Executive Session
- Left Executive Session