The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on May 9, 2007.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the April 9, 2007, Board meeting.
* Approved the financial report
* Reviewed the investment report and approved the Treasurer's report by fund.
* Approved the contract with Carol Riggle CPA for FY07 GAAP accounting.
* Amended the 5-year forecast as presented.
* Revised Certifications and Appropriations and modified appropriations as presented.
* Approved Board policy updates as presented.
* Hired Chris Barlage and Doug Evans as substitutes for the remainder of the 06-07 school year.
* Approved overnight trips:
Girls basketball to University of Toledo - June 18 and 19
Boys basketball to University of Findlay - June 22-24
Volleyball team to Maumee Bay - July 26-28
Language club to Paris/Chateaux - July 11-21
* Approved the following:
Donation of $150 from dart ball
Donation of $500 from Soccer Club for a scholarship
* Hired Summer Help
Student janitors -- Graham Counts, Evan Maurer, Marcus Counts, Mike Rodriguez, Jared Boyd, Trey Bauer, Jonathon Mueller.
Tech Aides - John Haehn, Andrew Hruska
at minimum wage.
* Approved the transfer of fund from Student Memorial Fund to the Botkins Education Foundation.
* Approved a resolution of commendation for the high school choir for earning a Superior rating at State competition.
* Entered a service agreement with the ESC for expenditure of Title IV funds for the 2006-07
* changed the date of the June Board meeting to June 6 and the July Board meeting to July 18.
* Entered executive session.
* Left executive session.
Heard updates on the following:
* We have been contacted by the Ohio School Facilities Commission that we will be eligible with funding for building and renovations in the future. We have begun the process necessary to participate in this program.
* We received four Copeland Grants:
Mrs. Haehn - Teaching Wellness
Mrs. Kerri Smith - Paired leveled reading books
Mrs. Scully - Iditarod - VDL
Mrs. Meyer - Be Aware and Care
* Summer School will take place in July.
* The band will be travelling to Florida next year.
* We received the Louise Sheets Grants for:
$600 - Russ Childers
$2500 - Sculpture in the Park
$1500 - A podium
* Learned that Bev and Phil Lahrmer donated $25,000 for the Larhmer Familhy Scholarship.