The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on May 13, 2008.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the April 9 regular meeting and April 30 special meeting.
* Heard the financial report
Discussed the 5-year forecast. Amended the 5-year forecast to reflect changes.
* Heard Committee Reports
Finance Audit - Reviewed the audit - we received an excellent audit.
Buildings - learned that the playground equipment on the small playground will need to be replaced due to noncompliance with safety standards.
* Negotiations are scheduled to begin
* Learned that we received Louise Sheets grant money to replace stage curtains.
* Learned that etech approved all 3-year Tech Plan.
* Approved the following overnight trips:
Soccer - July 25-27 Jamestown Greenview
Boys Basketball - June 20-22 Findlay Camp
Girls Basketball - June 27-29 Madeira Shootout
* Accepted the resignation of Mark Roggenkamp as teacher, effective May 31, 2008.
* Hired Ryan Gutman as the 7-12 math teacher on a 1-year contract for the 2008-09 school year.
* Hired the following summer help:
Tina Cartwright - summer painter $8.50
John Haehn - Tech Aide $7.00
Summer janitors were hired:
Jared Boyd $7.00
Miguel Rodriguez $7.00
Evan Maurer $7.00
Jordan Paul $6.85
Graham Counts $7.00
Travis Dietz $6.85
* Approved the following donations:
$100 donation from Brown Industrial for baseball
$200 donation from Cargill for library needs
$2600 from the ABC's for elementary teachers
* Heard updates on the following:
Health Inspection went well - we will receive a written report within 30 days.
We received four Copeland grants ($2000)
Krista Meyer STOP the Violence
Fred Schmerge/Janice Locker Making a Difference Using Pair-It Books
Luanne Powell Enhancing Rading Using Hands-On Manipulatives
Michele Meyer B.E.A.R. With Me!
Summer school will be June/July
Botkins Local School