The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on May 9, 2012, and took the following actions:
* Board members learned that we receive about $100,000 in Special Education IDEA Part B funds. This money pays for the cost of educating these students.
* Approved the minutes of the April 11, 2012, Board of Education regular meeting.
* Approved the Financial Report by Fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
* Approved the amended 5-year forecast as presented.
* Approved a transfer from the General Fund to the Severance fund for $25,000 due to Janice Locker and Eileen Hemmert retiring.
* Amended the Certificate of Estimated Resources and made supplemental Appropriations.
* Approved the Then and Now purchase order to K&K tours for $6000
* Reviewed Committee reports
* Board resolutions of commendation:
Lindsey Schneider - named State FCCLA officer for 2012-13 school year
FCCLA Chapter Showcase Manual Jr. Team participants received Gold rating and qualified for Nationals.
1st in State in proficiencies - Jordan Fledderjohann - Goat production
Amanda Koch - Nursery Operations
Livestock Judging Team - 2nd in State - Derek Shaffer, Jordan Fledderjohann, Seth Aufderhaar, Logan Russell
* Approved the overnight trips -- FCCLA National Convention - July 6-12, 2012 -- Orlando, Florida
Volleyball camp, July 19-21 -- Maumee Bay, Toledo
* Hired personnel for supplemental for 2012-13 school year at a salary to be determined:
Adam Fullenkamp Athletic Director
Brett Meyer Boys Varsity Basketball
Jason Liette Boys varsity basketball assistant
Phil Groves Boys JV basketball
Alex Hoying Boys freshman basketball
Jeff Roberts Boys 8th grade baskeetball
Brad Bergman Boys 7th grqade basketball
Don Mack Girls varsity basketball
Allison Mack Girls varsity basketball assistant
Mike Maurer Girls JV basketball
Brett Meyer Boys summer basketball coordinator
Don Mack Girls summer basketball coordinator
Ryan Gutman Coed varsity & JH cross country coach
Fred Schmerge Coed varsity & JH cross country assistant coach
Bryan Trego Varsity volleyball coach
Andy Rammel Varsity volleyball coach assistant
Tricia Mullen JV volleyball coach
Haley Furrow 7th grade volleyball coach
Bryan Trego Summer volleyball coordinator
Andy Rammel Summer volleyball coordinator
Brett Meyer Golf and JV golf
Kristin Ruppert High school cheerleader advisor
Heather Thaman Head swimming coach
Kevin Lynch Varsity boys soccer coach
Joe Welker Varsity girls soccer coach
Beth Armstrong Yearbook advisor
Lynn Pleiman Academia team
Paula Owen Musical director
Olivia Schneider Musical assistant director
Dan Knepper Musical art director
Melissa Grunden Show choir director
Melissa Grunden HS/JH solo and ensemble
Jeremy Pleiman Publicity agent
Jeremy Pleiman 7th grade advisor
Jason Liette 7th grade advisor
Tom Platfoot 8th grade advisor
Ryan Gutman 8th grade advisor
Stacy Braun Freshman class advisor
Chad Berning Freshman class advisor
Phil Groves Sophomore class advisor
Melissa Grunden Sophomore class advisor
Andy Rammel Junior Class advisor
Bryan Trego Junior class advisor
Tom Platfoot Junior class prom advisor
Bryan Trego Junior class prom advisor
Janine Schmitmeyer Senior class advisor
Lynn Pleiman Senior class advisor
Andy Rammel National Honor Society
Ryan Gutman National Honor Society
Melissa Grunden Music Unlimited
Keith Puschel Senior Commencement
Jeff McPheron Student council advisor
Sybil Koenig Adult volunteer coordinator
Paula Owen Pep Band
Connie Schneider Fall activities director
Jeff McPheron Winter activities director
Lynn Pleiman FTA advisor
Gina Rogers Gifted coordinator
Maria Westgerdes Gifted coordinator
* Approved a contract with Carol Riggle, CPA for FY 2012 GAAP accounting and assistance and for the FY 2012 Modified Cash Basis Reports as needed. Cost would be $4730 for GAAP and $1375 for Modified Cash Basis.
* Approved the resolution to align with Shelby County ESC effective July 1, 2012, per ORC.
* Approved summer seasonal workers as presented @ $7.70 per hour:
Tech aide - John-Michael Haught @ $7.70 per hour.
Andrea Bergman, Jonathan Fisher, Mitchell Goubeaux, Zach Greve, Christian Hoskins, Ashley Adams, Rachelle Maurer, Roger Miller, Josh Schwartz
* Approved a 1-year contract for Julie Schneider for the 2012-13 school year effective August 2012 at a salary to be adopted.
* Accepted the resignation of Roland Oakley effective May 18, 2012.
* Accepted $300 from Sue Schneider for Gary Schneider Memorial Scholarship and $250 from Carl & Phyllis Serr for a scholarship.
* Approved the new policy on Bullying to include electronic.
* We received 3 Emerson Climate grants;
Sara Brown - Super Citiens: Saluting and Celebrating our Country and Veterans
Fred Schmerge - Extending learning with an iPad
Michele Meyer - Practicing and reviewing key comprehension skills at appropriate reading level to improve student achievement.
* Summer school will take place in July.
* Graduation is Sunday, May 27, at 2:00 PM
* Reviewed the RttT update
Botkins Local School