The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on November 14, 2007.
The Board took the following actions:
* Heard presentations from the following groups:
8th graders gave an overview of the Washington D.C. trip
FFA gave an overview of the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis
FCCLA members gave an overview of the Cluster Meeting in New York
* Heard and approved the financial report
* Heard Committee reports
We are waiting for a reply from OSFC concerning our proposal for changes in our building project.
Learned that our district received $5400 from the Louise Sheets grant.
* Accepted the bid from Cardinal Bus to purchase one 72-passenger conventional bus per bid specs -- Base Bid $66,420 plus options and authorized the superintendent to purchase the bus.
* Approved a resolution of commendation for those involved with the musical, Annie Get Your Gun.
* Approved a resolution of commendation for the Academia Team on winning the championship.
* Hired the following substitutes:
Teachers: Ashley Brown and Bonnie Poeppelman
Administrator: Cheryl Fark
Cook: Sharon Kohler
7th gr. basketball coach: Alex Hoying
* Entered executive session to discuss personnel.
* Heard updates on the following:
# 5th grade students participated in the student achievement fair for OSBA Capital Conference.
# Will begin planning for the Washington D.C. trip
# Set December 19 as the staff Christmas party
# All Boards meeting is November 28
# Shared the proposed Anti Bullying policy. This policy must be adopted in December.
# Heard we will be adding a call notification system.
Botkins Local School