The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on November 10, 2010.
Hearing and Recognition of the public--
* Four 8th graders, Kaylee Bailey, Corinne Woodruff, Kaitlyn Barhorst, Mitchell Goubeaux, gave a presentation about their trip to Gettysburg and Washington D.C.
* FCCLA members, Clair McCullough, Logan Pitts, Heather Brown, Paige Cooper, discussed FCCLA Fall Leadership Camp.
* FFA members, Dylan Newman, Logan Russell, Paul Goettemoeller, Doug Schmerge, and Brent Schmerge, discussed the FFA Test Plot - the plot earned $2000 for the FFA program;
They also discussed the National Convention
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the October 13, 2010.
* Approved the financial and investment report.
* Heard Committee reports
Learned that we were approved for 2 Louise Sheets grants --
a kiln for the art room
250 new folding chairs
Buckeye Bash is this Saturday.
Track/Boosters received $29,000 from Louise Sheets and have received $13,000 in donations.
The Board approved the following:
* Contract agreemdent with ESC for contracted services beginning the 2010-11 school year.
* Adopted a salary change for Tony Rogers bus route retroactive for 2010-11 school year ($1396)
* Approved entering a agreement with the Community Foundation of Shelby County to release the Louise Sheets Fund to the Botkins Education Foundation.
* Hired the following personnel:
Matt Eaton and Ben Gates as substitute teachers for 2010-11
Alex Hoying - 8th grade basketball coach for the 2010-11 school year
Chad Berning - 5th quarter grant
* Approved a resolution of commendation for the musical 'School House Rocks Jr.'
* Approved a resolution of commendation for boys' and girls' cross country teams.
* Went into executive to discuss hiring of personnel.
* Heard the following updates:
Our Race to the Top Grant was approved conditionally. We will be receiving $25,000 sometime this fiscal year.
Reviewed the Athletic Fund balance.
Reviewed the updated maintenance schedule.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School