The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on October 8, 2008.
A presentation was given for the public concerning the upcoming levy.
Heard a parent discuss the 2-sport rule and listened to the rationale for having the rule.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the September 15, 2008 regular meeting.
* Approved the financial report by fund.
* Approved the investment report.
* Held a short recess to attend the Young Farmers' Meeting
* Heard committee reports.
* Approved the 5-year forecast.
* Approved all activity accounts for the school district for the 08-09 school year.
* Approved a $500 donation for the Mark & Kathy Education Scholarship.
* Changed the November Board meeting to November 13.
* Approved the Assessment Pilot Program as a 2-year commitment.
* Entered executive session to consider the employment of a public employee.
Botkins Local School