The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on October 15, 2009.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the September 9, 2009, Board of Education meeting.
* Approved the financial report by fund.
* Approved the investment report.
* Revised certificate and appropriations.
* Heard Committee reports:
Building and Maintenance - learned that the pipes in the 1995 addition are developing leaks. We will be investigating our options with this.
Park Board - The Athletic Boosters intend to move forward with the building of the track.
* Approved the following:
-- 5-year forecast
-- Activity fund accounts for the 09-10 school year.
-- A donation of $100 for the Mark & Kathy Roggenkamp Education Scholarship from Heine Roggenkamp.
-- A donation of $150 in memory of Julius Greve for the Tech PI fund.
* Hired the following personnel:
Missy Meyer 7th gr. basketball coach
Graham Counts Substitute janitor
Miguel Rodriguez Substitute janitor
Melissa Grunden Assistant Musical Director
Chad Berning 20+ extended days
* Resolution of Commendation for Eric Ambos for qualifying for District Golf and for the FFA Livestock Judging Team .
* Entered an agreement with DPL through 2012 to provide energy resources. We will receive a 12% savings on about 80% of our bill.
* Changed the November Board meeting to November 10 at 7:30 PM.
* Reviewed the 2008-09 Local Report Card. We highlighted areas of excellence and reviewed areas for improvement.
* Learned we received $46,190 in federal monies (REAP grant).
* Reviewed open enrollment numbers.
* Agreed for the school to be used for H1N1 vaccines after school hours provided the Health Department has insurance.
* Learned that Michele Meyer will be taking unpaid maternity leave.