The Botkins Board of Education met on September 12, 2018 for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- RJ Poeppelman presented his Eagle Scout project.
- Approved the minutes of the August 8, 2018 Board of Education regular meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Approved the following Then and Now purchase order - Dayton Power & Light in the amount of $12,120.15 for installation of 3 Phase Electric at the Track/Soccer Complex.
- Committee Reports were given:
Park Board: Would like the Athletic Director to be a part of the park board.
Louise Sheets: Applications are due September 13th.
Boosters: They are getting ready for the golf tournament.
Scholarships: Will meet in April.
- Adopted appropriations for the Fiscal Year 2019. Also, approved an Amendment to the Certificate of Estimated Resources.
- Hired the following as Substitute Teachers for the 2018-19 school year at a rate of $90 per day.
- Hired the following student athletic workers at minimum wage as presented:
- Hired the following list of substitutes for the 2018-19 school year:
Ryan Gutman - Substitute Bus Driver
Judy Grise - Substitute Aide
Lori Kremer - Substitute Cafeteria Worker
Lucy Kinstle - Substitute Cafeteria Worker
- Hired the following extracurricular positions per salary schedule for the 2018-19 school year:
Stacy Braun - RESA Mentor
Sybil Koenig - RESA Mentor
Jason Liette - RESA Mentor
Christy Marchal - 8th Grade Girls Basketball Coach
- Approved the following Midwest Regional Educational Service Center Service Agreement: Roberta "Bobbie" Young - RoBotkins
- Hired Beth White for the Cafeteria/Custodial position for the 2018-19 school year.
- Hired Kelly Peterman for the part-time Cafeteria position for the 2018-19 school year.
- Approved to participate and authorize the Southwestern Ohio Education Purchasing Council to advertise and receive bids on said Board's behalf as per the specifications submitted for the cooperate purchase of one school bus.