The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on September 12, 2007
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the August 8, 2007, Board meeting.
* Approved the Financial Report by fund
* Reviewed the Investment Report
* Heard committee reports
Audit - District will be undergoing our biennial audit within the next months.
Park Committee - money donated for new shelterhouse
parking problem on the new parking lot
* Approved the following:
Appropriations for the FY2008
$6,756,927.93 (all funds)
* Approved bus routes as presented
* Approved the 8th grade trip to D.C., Oct. 16-21
* Approved the modification of Chad Berning's contract to reflect 45 days due to the 5th quarter grant.
* Hired Sheri Abbott as a substitute for the 07-08 school year.
* Approved the modification of our student discipline policy to state the manner and timeframe in which the appeal of a suspension or expulsion can be made.
* Approved an overnight trip for the FCCLA to attend the Fall Leadership Meeting in Marengo, OH.
* Approved the FFA trip to the National Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana, on Oct. 24 - 26.
* Approved the Student Memorial Agreement to transfer funds to the Community Foundation for scholarships.
* Approved the Public Records Policy required by law and appointed Shirley Elsass, Ass't Treas., to attend the training on behalf of the BOE.
* Approved a resolution to bid for a 72-passenger school bus.
* Hired Carolyn Jensvold as the assistant musical director.
* Issued a continuing contract to Jason Liette effective 9-12-07.
* Entered executive session to discuss personnel.
* Heard updates:
According to Dayton Daily News, Botkins Local School ranked 2nd in a 7-county area as overachievers on the local report card.
Reviewed information from the architect concerning the OSFC project and plan to schedule a meeting.
Looked at open enrollment and enrollment data for the 2007-08 school year.