The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on September 12, 2011.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the August 17, 2011, Board of Education meeting.
* Approved the treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report.
* Adopted appropriations for the Fiscal Year 2012 as presented. Total all funds about $7.5 million for FY12.
* Amended the Certificate of Estimated Resources for the FY12 fiscal year.
* Established the fund 504 ED Jobs Grant Fund. We received $160,000 in this fund.
* Hired the following personnel as presented per the adopted salary schedule:
Cheryl Fark - substitute teacher and substitute tutor
Larry Dietz - substitute maintenance
Tina Paul - recycling coordinator
Gina Rogers - 25% gifted supplemental
Maria Westgerdes - 75% gifted supplemental
Holly Russell - substitute aide
Melissa Chandlin - substitute teacher
Betsy Ruppert - substitute teacher
Brad Bergman - substitute teacher
* Approved the overnight trip for the FCCLA to attend the Fall Leadership Meeting October 17 & 18 in Marengo, Ohio.
* Approved a $347.16 donation from the National FFA Foundation services and also a $100 donation for the Mark & Kathy
* Heard updates --
^ We have applied for 4 Louise Sheets grants.
^ FFA is asking permission to have their banquet April 22.
^ Local Report Card -- our performance index was the highest in the county. We met 1 year's growth.
^ Discussed the upcoming levy and land acquisition -- we are still negotiating.
^ RttT - We have a new specialist assigned to us - Mary Riepenhoff. She met with Mrs. Schneider to discuss our progress.
All administrators will be attending training for value added next month. We are meeting with teachers weekly to discuss progress with new content standards
based on the summer work. Staff members are scheduled to attend a training with ACT to meet the goals of presenting a more rigorous curriculum.
Botkins Local School