The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on September 12, 2012, and took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the August 8, 2012, board meeting.
* Approved the financial report by fund.
* Reviewed and approved the Investment Report
* Reviewed the Payroll, Expenses, Receipts, and GF balances for FY 90, 10, 11, 12, and 13, and cash balance report.
* Committee Reports:
- Park Board -- clean-up day
- Technology -- We are working with Dave Uetrecht to review the building technology design
- Louise Sheets -- grant committee will meet at the end of the month
- OSFC -- Design Development phase is ongoing.
* Adopted appropriations for the Fiscal Year 2013.
* Hired personnel:
Jill Anthony - janitor on a 1-year contract
Holly Russell - substitute aide
Haley Furrow - 8th grade volleyball coach
Jacquelyn Russell - Jr. Class advisor
Gina Rogers - Elem. Principal/intervention Coordinator -- 3-year contract
Jonathan Fisher - sub-janitor
Corinne Metzger - substitute teacher
Cheryl Finchum - substitute teacher
Dan Miller - 7th grade basketball coach
* Approved student teachers for the 2012-13 school year:
Nicholas Baumer (with Chad Berning)
Emma Kuch (with Jen Holtzapple)
* Approved the overnight trips for the FCCLA to attend the Fall Leadership Meeting Oct. 15 and 16, and for the FFA to attend the National Convention Oct. 24-27.
* Approved donations:
$1690 for the Carl & Phyllis Serr Family Scholarship
$100 for the Roggenkamp scholarship
$200 for the Cross Country fund
$100 anonymous donation for the FFA Big E Trip to defray student costs.
$550 in memory of Marie Behr
* Accepted a donation of golf polos from Gary and Anita Bornhorst
* Approved the program service agreement with the Shelby Co. Educational Service Center commencing August 1, 2012.
* Entered executive session to discuss employment of personnel.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School